Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Time-Line for Summer Vacation Length

Preschool-12th grade = Approx. 10 weeks
Summer after freshman year of college = 4 months
Summers from sophomore-middler year of college = 3 weeks
Summer after junior year of college = 2 months
Life after college = Summer is purely a season, no vacation time guaranteed


Other observations:
- last days of school pre-college: very enjoyable, many parties, days filled with year book signings, disposable cameras
- last days of school during college: extremely stressful, mind in finals mentality, all-nighters

Next Thursday the 13th I will be done with my Summester. I do not think I have ever been so excited to go home. I have 6 things to get through before then. This will be the longest period of time I have spent home in two years. It will be the second to last summer vacation I will ever have - a sign of my dwindling adolescence. I plan to relish every moment of this worry-free freedom.

I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment