Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sailor dresses

I love to search on etsy for sailor dresses. However overdone, I love nautical inspired clothing. The key for nautical inspired clothing to work is the details of the garment to be subdued, not too obnoxious or the sea-inspired fashion choice will quickly turn into a fashion 'don't.'

Here are two favorites that I found today:

from Blooming Leopold Vintage

I am totally in love with this gingham dress. It has the sailor collar, but again, not too obnoxious. It reminds me a bit of some of the pieces from Built By Wendy's Spring 2009 collection. Too bad it's xxxxxxx-small or I totally would buy this!


Although this may not be the most flattering cut (it definitely would look terrible on me), this sailor dress works because of the coral color, instead of the predictable red, white or blue. The coral color tones down the details and makes it look extra feminine and delicate.

Back to writing my paper!



No comments:

Post a Comment